OXFORD UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
Students should note they must apply for admission to the University before they can be considered for a Reach Oxford Scholarship. The University is unable to consider any scholarship applications from students who have not been offered a place at Oxford. The University is not responsible for the content of external sites advertising the scheme and would encourage applicants to read the following details to check their eligibility.
Am I Eligible?
Applicants must be nationals of countries who receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD):
Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Rep.; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo, Dem. Rep.; Congo, Rep.; Costa Rica; Côte d’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Eswatini; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Dem. People’s Rep.; Kosovo; Kyrgyz Rep.; Laos; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States; Moldova; Mongolia; Montenegro; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; North Macedonia; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Samoa; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Serbia; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; St. Lucia; St. Vincent and Grenadines; Sudan; Suriname; Syria; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Vietnam; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank and Gaza Strip; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
|Level of study:||Undergraduate|
|Year of study:||New students|
|Subject:||All subjects in the course listing, except medicine|
|College:||Not all colleges are able to offer Reach Oxford Scholarships every year. If you are accepted by a college that is not participating in the scheme, this will not prevent you from applying for and being awarded a scholarship. If your application is successful, arrangements will be made to transfer you between colleges.|
This scheme is only suitable for candidates who have received an offer and who are of the highest academic ability. Financial need and social commitment are also major criteria for selection. Applicants should be intending to return to their country of ordinary residence following their studies. Priority will be given to students who have not studied at undergraduate level before.
What does it cover?
Duration: 3 or 4 years depending on course length
Value: Course fees, a grant for living costs, and one return air fare per year
Number: Around 2-3 awards per year
How do I apply?
- You must make an application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS by 15 October 2020, and be successful in gaining a place.
- Details on how to apply for a scholarship for 2021 entry will be made available on this page in January 2021.
- For 2021 entry applicants who apply by the 10 February 2021 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2021.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2021.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
Follow Us On
+93 (0) 796 735 145