The Afghan Future Fund
A Philanthropic Initiative to Support and Empower At-Risk Afghans
The Afghan Future Fund was launched after the fall of Kabul in August 2021 by the Yalda Hakim Foundation in partnership with Schmidt Futures to support at-risk Afghans by providing both emergency assistance and longer term programming for educational, professional and personal development.
A U.S. charitable 501(c)(3) sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, the Afghan Future Fund is dedicated to ensuring that talented Afghans – in particular prominent women leaders, American University of Afghanistan students, journalists, civil society activists and entrepreneurs – have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
To learn more about the Afghan Future Fund and how you can contribute to its important work, please contact the Afghan Future Fund’s Managing Director, Arezo Kohistany, at email@example.com
The Three Phases of the Afghan Future Fund’s Work
The Afghan Future Fund has successfully organized multiple evacuation flights that have relocated nearly 250 at-risk Afghans to third countries, including Albania and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Evacuees have included prominent women leaders, American University of Afghanistan students, journalists, civil society activists, and entrepreneurs.
Working in close partnership with both governments and nongovernmental organizations, including in Albania and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, the Afghan Future Fund is helping coordinate and provide for the needs of the at-risk Afghan evacuees, including medical care, education, immigration assistance, and more.
The Afghan Future Fund is committed to empowering high-potential Afghan talent through scholarships and other education opportunities at all levels for at-risk Afghans as well as through professional development and employment initiatives.
- Evacuated approximately 100 Afghan civil society leaders, journalists, and students to Albania and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq in some of the first third-party emergency flights out of Kabul in August 2021.
- Evacuated over 150 American University of Afghanistan students and civil society leaders in mid-October 2021 to Albania and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Enabled the enrollment of 109 American University of Afghanistan students at the American University of Iraq Sulaimani (AUIS), where they are now continuing their education in safety.
- Organized the coordination and delivery of medical care, primary education, and other essential support services for over 1,500 Afghan refugees temporarily relocated to Albania.
- Supporting the long-term work of empowering Afghans through immigration assistance and by partnering with them to advance their potential through education and work opportunities.
Join Us Now to Support Afghan Refugees and Continue to a Brighter Future for the Afghan People
Follow Us On
+93 (0) 796 735 145